Welcome to the Balwyn Blazers Winter 2022 season
Team Selection Process
Our policy at the Balwyn Blazers is to place your child in the team that best suits their ability, and most importantly to give them the opportunity to enjoy their experience as a player. The full club policy on team selection is available under the Club Policies & Procedures menu.
We select our teams through a range of sources of information including; feedback from the player’s coach from last season, observations of games during the season and their performance at team selection. However, the biggest influence on team placement is often the training and game day availability of the player.
The more constraints or restrictions the player has, the harder it is to place them in a team. For example:
- Limiting the times and/or days they are available to train
- Stipulating a requirement for AM or PM games. As a club we have quotas from the EDJBA on how many teams must play in an AM or PM timeslot for each age group (Please note: 11.50am is considered a morning and afternoon game)
Keep requests to a minimum greatly assists our Age Group Co-ordinators (AGCs) in the task of putting teams together
- Requests for refunds after registration are subject to the clubs refund policy which is available under the Club Policies & Procedures menu
- Respect that your Coach’s time is valuable and remember you are an important member of a team. Missing training and games due to other commitments IMPACTS on everyone in your team. We do not expect basketball to be everyone’s priority, but a players commitment to training and playing does influence team selection.
- Adjustments to teams may be required throughout the EDJBA competition grading phase due to player withdrawals or balancing of teams. Any changes are at the absolute discretion of the AGCs and/or the Balwyn Blazers Committee
Registration Fees For Winter Season
The Eastern Districts Junior Basketball Association (EDJBA) has cashless game days, so registration fees include the weekly game fee for the normal part of the season. The only additional playing fees will be finals games.
Due to increases in court hire fees and the increased cost of club operations associated with COVID compliance the Balwyn Blazers have increased registration fees for the first time in more than 2 years.
The registration fees for Winter Season 2022 are as follows:
2nd & Subsequent Children
Basketball Victoria 12-month licence fee
Please note that children MUST be registered together at the same time to get the sibling discount
Winter 2022 Age Groups
Under 9: Born between January 2013 and December 2015
Under 11: Born between January 2011 and December 2012
Under 13: Born between January 2009 and December 2010
Under 15: Born between January 2007 and December 2008
Under 17: Born between January 2005 and December 2006
Under 21: Born between From December 2004
For further information on team selection please contact Carolyn Morkham at firstname.lastname@example.org or refer to registration FAQs in our Policies & Procedures.
By clicking the below link, I acknowledge I have read the Team Selection process and understand my obligations.